Thursday, January 14, 2010

There's Got to be a Morning After...

I slept well and first thing in the morning I hiked back to the car and headed home without incident. If there were any road blocks they must have been taken down after several hours. I wondered what kind of a search radius or perimeter was used to try and find me? Did it include the parking lot where I left my car? Even if it did and the police recorded all the license plates, I had a decent cover. No worries for now...

What I had done was all over the news. Some called it terrorism or cold blooded murder. Others alluded to Robin Hood or even John Dillinger. How ironic. While I would agree that like Dillinger, I am also a Depression-era criminal, I'd rather surrender or be shot rather than shoot at law enforcement. And I'm not taking the money but shooting at the guys who are.

If anything, I'd go with twisting a line from Candide by Voltaire -- "in this country, it is wise to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others." Of course instead of "admiral" I mean captains of the financial industry and "by encourage" I mean "wise up." R.I.P. Admiral Byng.

So what form should my next act of encouragement take?

No comments:

Post a Comment